The right to vote is an important individual liberty and the foundation of free government.
This year’s General Election will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 8, as a traditional in-person election with Vote by Mail ballots being available to all registered voters who apply. Polls will be open from 6AM to 8PM in Voorhees Township.
Voters will be casting ballots to elect a member of the House of Representatives, two members of the Camden County Board of Commissioners, a member of the Voorhees Township Committee, four members of the Voorhees Township Board of Education and two Voorhees members of the Eastern Regional High School Board of Education.
Voters in New Jersey have three options by which to vote. They can cast their ballot in person at the polls on Election Day, Vote by Mail (VBM) or take advantage of the Early Voting Program.
If you choose the Vote by Mail Program, applications can be obtained by visiting the Voorhees Township Clerk’s Office, the County Store at the Voorhees Town Center, or online at camdencounty.com/vbm. Applications for Vote by Mail ballots for the General Election must be received by the Camden County Clerk no later than November 1. Completed ballots must be received by the Board of Elections before the close of the polls on Election Day or have a postmarked date no later than November 8. Completed ballots for Voorhees residents can also be dropped off at the ballot drop box located outside of the front entrance to Town Hall.
The Early Voting Period is from Oct. 29 to Nov. 6. Voters can visit any of seven locations throughout Camden County during the Early Voting Period and cast their ballot on a voting machine.
Early Voting Locations:
Elections & Archive Center
100 University Court, Blackwood
Warehouse, Side Entrance
129 N. Broadway, Camden
Parking at PNC Bank and street parking available
Collingswood Senior Center
30 W. Collings Ave, Collingswood
Large Living Room on First Floor
Merchantville Community Center
212 Somerset Street
Lower floor, ramp access from side of building
Harry Williams Community Center
2 Broadway, Runnemede
Bud Duble Community Center
33 Cooper Folly Rd, Atco
Lions Lake Community Center
101 Dutchtown Rd., Voorhees
Hours for Early Voting:
Daily starting from October 29, 2022 to November 6, 2022
Monday – Saturday: 10AM – 8 PM
Sunday: 10AM – 6PM
If a voter is registered to Vote by Mail, that voter will not be able to vote at the Early Voting Centers unless the voter opted out of VBM before the September 6 deadline.
Election Day voting locations can be found at voorheesnj.com. The following is a list of the voting locations in town to vote in person on Election Day:
- Residents of District 1 (Greenridge and Ashland areas) Vote at Ashland Presbyterian Church
- Residents of District 2 (Kirkwood/Carriagebrooke Farm areas) Vote at the Kirkwood Fire Station
- Residents of District 3 (Alluvium Woods area) Vote at Lions Lake Community Center
- Residents of District 4 (Echelon Towers and La Bonne Vie areas) Vote at Macy’s Court
- Residents of District 5 (Three Pond and Franklin Square areas) Vote at Town Hall
- Residents of District 6 (Portion of Sturbridge Lakes and Woodbrook areas) Vote at the Voorhees School Administration Building at 329 Route 73
- Residents of District 7 (Lost Tree and Staffordshire) Vote at the Macy’s Court
- Residents of District 8 (Main Street Estates area) Vote at the Kresson Fire Station
- Residents of District 9 (Devonshire, Lake Villa, Elm Tree and Alluvium Lakes areas) Vote at the School Administration Building at 329 Route 73
- Residents of District 10 (Alluvium area) Vote at Lions Lake Community Center
- Residents of District 11 (Part of Sturbridge Lakes) Vote at the Hampton Inn Route 73
- Residents of District 12 (Ashland Terrace, Woodcrest, Staffordshire Estates) Vote at Town Hall
- Residents of District 13 (Avian) Vote at the Lions Lake Community Center
- Residents of District 14 (Rainwood area) Voorhees School Administration Building at 329 Route 73
- Residents of District 15 (Beagle Club, Wood Glen, Laurie Drive areas) Vote at Lions Lake Community Center
- Residents of District 16 (Sturbridge Estates and Sturbridge Woods areas) Vote at the Hampton Inn Route 73
- Residents of District 17 (Centennial Mill area) Vote at VTC Food Court
- Residents of District 18 (Village Apartments, The Vista and portions of Victoriana areas) Vote at the Kirkwood Fire Station
- Residents of District 19 (Staffordshire and Traditions areas) Vote at VTC Food Court
Any voter who is not listed on the voting rolls or is denied the right to vote, and who believes he or she is properly registered, can vote by way of a provisional ballot which will be reviewed by the Board of Elections to determine voter eligibility.
If you have any questions about casting your vote, call the Voorhees Municipal Clerk at (856) 429-7757 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your vote counts!
** Voorhees Township’s Annual Fire Prevention Awareness Night will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 12 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Eastern Regional High School. All are invited to learn fire safety and enjoy the free fun-filled evening. For more information, see the Voorhees Township Fire Department website vtfd66.org, their Facebook page, visit email@example.com or call (856) 783- 6630 extension 7503.
** Voorhees Township, in partnership with Samaritan and Opus, is hosting a “Fallen Comrade” Ceremony for veterans and first responders, their families and civilians to cope with the loss of their brothers and sisters. The ceremony will be on Thursday, Oct. 18 from 6pm-8pm in the court below the entrance to Town Hall at the Town Center. To learn more about the ceremony, check the link to the Opus Peace website, along with a link to a Fox News story on a Fallen Comrade event:
** The Alicia Rose Victorious Foundation holds its annual “Birthday Bash” as a fundraiser to continue their noble mission. The 20th Anniversary Birthday Bash Emerald Gala will be held on Friday, Oct. 21 at Lucien’s in Berlin. As always, this annual celebration is an epic night of music, dancing, great food, cocktails and memories of Alicia. For more information and to buy tickets/sponsorships, visit victoriousfoundation.org.
** The Voorhees Breakfast Rotary Club is hosting a “Shredding for a Cause” event on Saturday, Oct. 22 from 9am-12pm (Oct. 29 rain date) at 341 Cooper Road, West Berlin. Masks are required and social distancing will be maintained. In addition to shredding, safely dispose of your old computers, monitors, TV’s, printers, faxes and files. For more information, contact Doreen Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.