Voorhees Township Home Based and Small Business Forum
Community & Business Development Vision
Downtown Voorhees and its shopping and dining opportunities are a destination for both local and regional residents. Voorhees’ economic sector is the key component of its highly desirable quality of life.
Business Development Goals
Voorhees Business development program, as reflected in the Business Development Master Plan, is to create and sustain a multi-faceted economic base that includes business development, office operations, retail and services, and other types of uses that will find Voorhees an attractive location.
Areas of Interest
- Existing business outreach and assistance for retention and expansion
- Home based and small business development
- Continued growth of the downtown (Mall) area
- Community development and redevelopment
- Establish a “Sports Authority’ committee to promote In-Town tournaments
- Shop Voorhees
- Voorhees Township App
New and pending development
- Rock climbing school at the Coliseum
- Dooney’s Bar & Grill approved at the BJ’s shopping Center
- Cheers Wine & Spirits Liquor Store at the old Eckerd Drug site on Rt. 73 & Cooper Road
- NJ Aquatic swim club is now up and running at the Coliseum
- 22 high end single family housing approved near Kresson Golf Course
- Giant Fitness to open soon at former site of YMCA on Burnt Mill Road
Near term future development
- Virtua’s original plans called for the building of a second wing
- Former Virtua site available for new development
- Former AFL-WEB building on Voorhees Drive has been renovated
- Brandywine is looking to redevelop the Plaza 1000
- Former Town Hall 620 Berlin has been sold to Royal Farms convenience store
- Eagle Plaza Shopping Plaza approved for new facelift starting in 2018
Incentives and opportunities
- Continuing efforts to improve Downtown Voorhees, including real estate development, merchant recruitment, and niche retail development, promotions and marketing, and parking.
- Help streamlined code enforcement if necessary allowing a “Friendly” atmosphere to do business with.
- Work with community volunteer committees to develop programs and processes to stimulate business such as Business Development Committee (BDC), Voorhees Business Association (VBA) and the possible additional of a Sports Authority Committee (SAC).
- Increase foot traffic to local businesses through smart growth, (housing) and build on free community events like our Summer Series, Halloween in the Park and our many hosted sports tournaments that help make Voorhees a “fun” place to live and work.
- Voorhees offers the best school systems in South Jersey. Great place to raise a family
- Route 73 Medical Mile success with Virtua, Brandywine senior living and Powerback
- Voorhees townships offers superior sport fields for hosting regional and national tournaments.
- New hotel site at the Town Center
The Business Development Committee (BDC) is a volunteer citizen based board that consists of 7 Voorhees Residents. This volunteer board meets the first Thursday of each month to discuss relevant issues that face our business community including:
- Zoning and Planning issues
- New & pending businesses
- Township growth