Guide to Opening a Business in Voorhees
Starting a business in Voorhees Township
NJ’s Ban on Plastic Carryout Bags & Polystyrene Foam in Stores, Grocery Stores & Food Service Businesses EFFECTIVE MAY 4, 2022
Ban on Plastic Bags and Polystyrene Foam Food Service Products (nj.gov)
Bag Up New Jersey (bagupnj.com)
Voorhees Town Center Redevelopment Ordinance – Second Reading 1/28/19
VTC Redevelopment 1st reading ordinance
18-12-28 VTC Redevelopment Plan- Phase II Final
Community & Economic Development Vision
Downtown Voorhees and its shopping and dining opportunities are destinations for both local and regional residents. Voorhees’ economic sector is the key component of its highly desirable quality of life.
Economic Development Committee ( EDC) Goals
Voorhees Business development program, as reflected in the Business Development Master Plan, is to create and sustain a multi-faceted economic base that includes business development, office operations, retail and services, and other types of uses that will find Voorhees an attractive location.
Areas of Interest
- Existing business outreach and assistance for retention and expansion
- Home-based and small business development
- Continued growth of the downtown (Mall) area
- Community development and redevelopment
- Establish a “Sports Authority’ committee to promote In-Town tournaments
- Shop Voorhees
- Voorhees Township App
- Rock climbing school at the Coliseum
- NJ Aquatic swim club is now up and running at the Coliseum
- 22 high end single-family housing built near Kresson Golf Course
- Royal Farms gas station and convenience store is open for business in January 2019
- Eagle Plaza Shopping Plaza and McDonald’s finishes its new facelift
- Edge Fitness
- Perfect Fitness
- Virtua partnership with Penn Medicine has built a new Roberts Proton Therapy Center
Near term future development
- The Mansion at Main Street is being upgraded and updated
- Brandywine is looking to redevelop the Plaza 1000
Incentives and opportunities
- Continuing efforts to improve Downtown Voorhees, including real estate development, merchant recruitment, and niche retail development, promotions and marketing, and parking.
- Help streamlined code enforcement if necessary allowing a “Friendly” atmosphere to do business with.
- Work with community volunteer committees to develop programs and processes to stimulate business such as Economic Development Committee (EDC), Voorhees Business Association (VBA) and the possible additional of a Sports Authority Committee (SAC).
- Increase foot traffic to local businesses through smart growth, (housing) and build on free community events like our Summer Series, Halloween in the Park and our many hosted sports tournaments that help make Voorhees a “fun” place to live and work.
- Voorhees offers the best school systems in South Jersey. Great place to raise a family
- Route 73 Medical Mile success with Virtua, Brandywine senior living and Powerback
- Voorhees townships offers superior sport fields for hosting regional and national tournaments.
- New hotel site at the Town Center
The Economic Development Committee (EDC) is a volunteer citizen based board that consists of Voorhees Residents. This volunteer board meets the first Thursday of each month to discuss relevant issues that face our business community including:
- Zoning and Planning issues
- New & pending businesses
- Township growth